Epiphone Les Paul Studio

TWANGONE
TWANGONE
06/19/2007 3:30 pm
I don't have a pic handy.

I bought at MF.. 230.00 in vintage sunburst, no case.

Nice paint. looks good. dot inlays. no binding on body neck or headstock.
the stripped down les paul.

very good pickups, way better than I thought for this kind of money. Not bothering to swap them out, and I have a small store so I pay dealer prices and can get any I want.

Good Grover Tuners... work perfect. full size. smooth. accurate stable.
good hardware.. heavy feeling.. nice chrome well done.

NO probs with this thing.

unboxed it.. tunned, intonated, retuned.. set pup height. played it every day since.

I almost sent this back, because it had a mar on the guard.. boy glad I didn't.
they went up to 300 and no more sunburst so.. I saved 70 and got a rarer finish.

plays very nicely. sure it could use a bit of pro fretwork.. but the nut is cut well, it plays low and fast.. just not super low. I use .010s and the tone is just fine.
the volume pots are sensitive and have a good full range. all the switches and electronics are solid and work perfectly.

it weighs about 9 lbs. a tad heavy for some folks. but it feels good and doesn't wear me down to have it on for long periods.

all mahogany.. body and neck. rosewood board.
set neck.
the humbuckers are alnico mag, and epi has truly improved these pups. you'd have to be pretty picky to complain.. and I think only more advanced players would bother.

great starter guitar.. great beginner guitar. easily taken on stage for les paul sounds no matter what your level.
pros.. this is your backup paul baby.

ebay has them used now and then. well worth a shot if you see a nice one priced low!

I have thirty guitars. I play this one everyday. I really like it. and for this kind of money whooee!

what's the worst? black plastic nut . will replace with bone.
swapped black and white knobs for the same thing in amber. really matches the sunburst much much better.
added straplocks.
that's it!
you can't hurt yourself with this one!

TWANG
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
06/20/2007 3:41 am
I have the same guitar!! it is great...I put Duncan '59's in though.
I just put money down on this model at Guitar Center..it comes with Gibson Burstbuckers in it with that "Peter Green out-of-phase" on the dual pickup setting:D

"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.