Revamp of a few old ideas

Superhuman
Superhuman
06/14/2007 10:52 pm
Hi lads,
Been a while, decided to go back to the vault and resurrect an old track. Still very much a demo, just recorded this evening - I like the riff, exotic melody and unusual solo, drums are just for keeping the rhythm so far.
Going to a rehearsal studio to jam with a drummer during the week so will end up with something completely different tempo-wise.
Just looking for some opinions so far - forget the mistakes and the fact that it is only 2 mins - plenty of ideas for making this a 6 min epic including a neo-classical fusion middle section...
Hope you like it so far!
Track is called 'Warpspeed'
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=285164

Ideas, opinions etc welcome.

PS guitars only, no bassline yet
# 1
jlacharite
jlacharite
06/17/2007 1:59 pm
Wow, that was some serious sh*t......loved the arpeggio progression in the first solo, and pumping the the fist and giving the horns up at the end, rippin'. I really liked the Nile'esque egyptian feel. Overall killer, one little tiny point, would have liked to hear the solo's little more up front in the mix, but other than that awesome song. Shred it up!

J
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/18/2007 10:14 am
Thanks for the feedback, to coin a phrase "it's dog rough" so far but the ideas have some direction worth chasing. I'll post back with a more polished version in a couple more days - going for some new scales/keys in this one. There a very Egyptian feel to it but I havent a clue what the scale is called - just playing by ear as always!
Re the mix, yeah I hear that allright - solos will be up front and there will be a proper 3D spatial mix when I get to doing it in the studio.
# 3
jlacharite
jlacharite
06/18/2007 8:26 pm
can't wait to hear the updated version cuz the "rough" one was still pretty wicked!

J
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.