View post (I need new music... bad)

View thread

Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/18/2007 1:32 am
Well, I can see how people would enjoy listening to em, but this is how I see it... (brace youself) they are the reason that we have the blues, and for that matter, just about every other genre there is today, even emo. They influenced the greatest guitarists of the past and present, such as hendrix, SRV, and many others. Although, I feel that if SRV was influenced by some old school blues player, but added his own flare to the old school blues, does it not seem logical to focus on SRV's accomplishments? He took it to a whole other level, and in order for myself or any other guitarist of this generation to raise the bar higher, starting back with old school blues might just get us back to where SRV ended up. :rolleyes: I always feel this way when watching interviews. I've seen Derek Trucks get interviewed a few times, and he always talks a little about his influences, like Elmore James, and a bunch of others. I always then try and listen to them to further indulge in what Derek has, but then realize that if I love the way Derek plays, then why bother too much with who he likes, and instead focus on Derek's playing which would indirectly bring out the old school influences anyways. :rolleyes: Kind of doesn't relate to anything in this thread, but thought I'd just throw that out there. It's something I think about often, so I just thought I'd finally express it.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )