This is NOT good, but funny nontheless

Gargy
Gargy
06/08/2007 10:32 pm
Well, I got an old Aspen 12-string guitar for my 21st birthday last year. It has held up far better than any other Aspen I've heard about (I hear they were absolute pieces of junk). Anyhow it had a small rattle inside it when I got it and I never had the aptitude to figure out what it was. So last night I decided to change the strings, and I figured I'd get to the bottom of what was causing that rattling noise...

...I think it was a mouse-nest or something. I'm unsure since the only thing in there that resembled a mouse-turd was bright-green in color. I figured it was a pick or maybe another bridge pin (I did find the one bridge-pin I dremeled out of it once when the top broke off), but this was off guard (It all came apart as it fell out of the guitar, I guess it was one solid lump inside).

Just goes to show you that you never know what a used guitar may have been through.
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
06/08/2007 10:54 pm
Does a mouse crap in it's bed :confused:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
06/08/2007 10:56 pm
"Our mouse is a very, very fine mouse ... doo doo "

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/09/2007 7:49 am
ah... mouse stuff.
I've got the perfect mouse trap cause if you find one mouse, you're pretty much guaranteed there'll be a dozen of em.

Get a rat trap (one of them big ones), a bag of those small miniature marshmallows and some peanut butter.
Push the marshmallow onto the trigger of the rat trap and smother it in peanut butter.
Wait a few days cause it's guaranteed to sneak the peanut butter off the trap a few times.
Then on about the 3rd try.. snap. It tries to pull the marshmallow off the trap.

Move the trap around too. Cause once the other mice see what the trap does, they get wise so ya have to hide it.
Also...put plastic bags around the edges of the walls so you can hear them walking on them. Don't chase em... just listen so you know they're there.

(I used to live in a run down apartment in my teens, with mice, earwigs and spiders so I because an expert)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.