View post (Old Timers)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/13/2007 4:32 am
Saw CSN back in '92 as well. Not that they were bad, not at all, but looking back now I can't say it was too memorable. Stills on the electric was prolly the highlight for me anyway.
Yet within that same year or two I saw Neil Young. He rocked out most of the entire set! I was expecting a lot of Harvest Moon and others like "Old Man", but he only played 2 or 3 acoustic songs...the rest he banged out on a Les Paul, with Booker T. and the MG's as the backing band. I remember he broke a string during one of his extended "leads".

I still would like to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. And I was gonna go one time a few years back, but lawn seats were like 70 or 80 bucks a piece...ridiculous.
Also Mark Knopfler would be nice. Preferably in Dire Straits form of course.

Shamefully, I can't say I've ever seen Willy. My only excuse is I never really appreciated him till my wife made me listen to him. And I still can't stand most country music for long, but he's one of a kind for sure. Obviously he's around Austin, Houston, San Antonio all the time...so really, there's no excuse. I owe it to myself to check him off the list sometime though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]