View post (My Fusion Vid)

View thread

jlacharite
jlacharite
06/11/2007 10:05 pm
yet when you do it (create a seemingly mundane piece of music just off the cuff) its alright then, let's not mention the fact that as you have said a thousand other bands have done this, and most do it better.

The video was something I whip off in 15 minutes, a complete improvisation over a backing track that I found on the web (btw please throw up your improvisation....backing track is A-OK @ truefire.com...that is truest measure of a musicians abilities, playing over something you've never heard before and making it sound interesting). Shredding is not the sum total of my music ability, ever heard the saying don't judge a book by its cover? There are lots of shredders out there no doubt, but half of them couldn't play what I just played because half the riffs are based on Frank Gambales speed picking/arpeggio approach, and to my knowledge there are few of us amongst the many. Its hard to hear because I'm using a lame webcam oh well.

On the music front, I've released 4 CD's and a 5th is on the way that is 80 minutes of music played completely on the classical guitar. I play in a 50's/60's/70's coverband, and gigged close to 750 times.

Bottom line, I listened to your music and its good for what it is, but its not as original as you would like to think. Next time before you stick your foot in your mouth, try engaging your brain. Your no better than I am, and in a lot of ways you fall victim to very same criticisms that you make. No hard feelings.