how do i get my guitar to sound like the guitars from slipknot
in the song peopl = sh*t
what effects pedals do i need
i have a squire and a 30 watt marshall amp
# 1
Gargy
Gargy
06/04/2007 2:25 pm
I haven't heard the song (I never liked Mallcore) but I foudn this, maybe it will help.

#4 James Root:

GUITAR: Jackson SL Series, Jackson Soloist (mahogany with ebony fretboard and EMB '81 pickups).

AMP: Mesa/Boogie DC-10 head with Mesa/Boogie and Carvin 4X12 cabinets.

EFFECTS: Digitech Whammy pedal, Dunlop Rotovibe.

#7 Mick Thomson:

GUITAR: BC Rich Warlock

AMP: Marshall JMP1 tube preamp, Mesa/Boogie Simulclass 2:90 Power Amp with 400-watt Carvin cabinet.

EFFECTS: MIDI foot controller, Boss GX700 effects unit

Click me to see the page this is from
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
06/04/2007 5:51 pm
You can buy all the effects pedals in the world, but that Squire isn't a great base to get nice heavy tones from.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
06/04/2007 6:51 pm
truth be told man, its not so easy with what you have. actually, its impossible.

impossible because you cant possibly get the same tone as they do without the same gear. thats life. they're using big ol' tube amps with humbucker equipped guitars... you wont be able to get that chunky full sound with a small solid state and single coils. you may be able to get somewhat in the same ballpark though.

play with the settings on your amp- type "Marshall settings" into google, and you should be able to find your amp and some good settings for it. those will be good starters for you, then tweak each setting until you think it sounds best for you. you can also play around with different pickup selections on your guitar, whether its on the neck pickup (all the way left) or bridge (all the way right) or anywhere in between....

it'll take you awhile, but you should be able to get a tone that you like. just keep in mind that you can only do so much with what you have right now.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
Gargy
Gargy
06/04/2007 7:56 pm
I can suggest one modification that will help if you are dedicated to keeping your Squire... Hot-blades pickup. HUGE difference in gain (not so huge in tone, but while you're under the pickguard, reverse the pickup switch so when you have the switch selected for what is ordinarily the neck pickup, the bridge will play... with a tone control. I discovered this on accident)
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.