View post (Sweet jesus)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2007 11:43 am
Gosh.. I had lobster tonight... it was absolutely delicious.
Some people were telling me that the best way to cook lobster was to put it in a pot of cold water and warm it up slowly so that the animal doesn't suffer.
But I figure, hey... I paid for this thing...I should be allowed to do what I want.

First I held it above a pot of boiling water and let it look at it for a couple of seconds... then I took it aside and fed it a little and stroked it and petted it.
Then I took it over to the boiling water again just so it could look at it.

I took it back and played with it some more and actually discovered there was a little animal intelligence in there. It was reacting to me feeding it and actually getting affectionate with me.

Anyways... I took it over to the boiling water and lowered it down so that it could take a good look at the steam rising. Then I dipped one of his claws in the water.
Hah.. you shoulda seen him.. he was so happy he was jumping around.

I decided..hmm... my tummy is rumbling... time to eat.

So I took Fred (my lobster) over to the boiling water and made him look at it again... then I slowly lowered it into the water (actually I pulled it out a few times to look it in the eyes cause it was so cute)... then I just dumped it in the water and later had the most amazing meal I've ever had.
Like holy crap that lobster... I mean 'Fred' was delicious.

Anyways... my take on things is... I paid good money for Fred, so I have the right to do with him what I wish no matter what anybody thinks.
And for my money, a Fred is so much more delicious when it's been tortured for a few hours before scalding it in a pot of boiling water.

mmm.... I need some butter.

Know what... I feel like a barbecue this afternoon.
Where the hell is Bessie anyways?