View post (GT Newsletter)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/23/2007 1:49 am
Hello all. One of the ideas that we had been kicking around was doing a serialized story about a fictional guitar hero. Here's the idea; I would write the first chapter of a young person who embarks on his journey of guitar-stardom. The next writer (a volunteer) would pick up the story and write the next installment. That writer would find the next writer and hand the story off to that person to continue it.

There aren't many rules but here are a few:

1) We want the story to stay linear. Try to keep the character moving forward in his journey. Flashbacks are a perfectly legitimate device but we'll try to limit him/her to staying somewhat planted in one time. No time travel. :)

2) Remember-this is a g-rated family site so keep an eye on the language and what sort of trouble you get the character into.

Other than that, it'll just be interesting to see where you all take this character.

It can be funny, sad, philosophical, technical...whatever you want it to be. Just try to keep true to the character.

So, first things first: do you like the idea? Secondly, name the character. Third, who wants to pick up Chapter 2?
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]