View post (Left elbow position)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
06/07/2007 1:27 am
Originally Posted by: BenoitHunter, please take time to consult a Doc soon. If you are experiencing pain when not playing, you might have tendons and/or ligament injury.

Don't wait too long, the damage could become severe. I know a lot a guitar player (myself including) who had at some point tendon problems. If taken early they are easily manageable.

If you go see the Doc make sure he tries to identify the source of the problem. it might not even be related to the guitar. The guitar might have put more stress on a already existing condition. Threat the injury, find the source, correct the source, live happily ever after ;)

Keep us posted.

Thanks Benoit. I think you're right. It might be time to go and see the Doc. I have nothing against the man but I would rather just exchange Christmas cards with him. It's the strangest thing, this pain. It started a while back and at times, it's not too bad but then if I play for more than a 1/2 an hour or so, it just starts aching. It even hurts to the touch. I have no idea what sort of idiotic thing I did to it but I think it's time to let the man have a look.

I will say this though; if he tells me I can't play for a while, I will have to take that under advisement. Don't think I can do that. Hmm. Could be a problem.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]