my acoustic solo album-feedback wanted

quickfingers
quickfingers
05/12/2007 4:33 pm
as of now i have finished recording the bits and peices that i have neglected doing for the past few weeks, and i can honestly say that except for some dynamic level tweaks in certain songs, everything is done and over with. i have the first 4 songs of my album on my myspace profile.

as of yet i've been pretty laid-back with all this stuff. everything so far has been for personal enjoyment, but i have started thinking about doing something more with these songs. i want to look into further studio work, like to get someone to master the tracks and fix the array of problems with the songs, but i know so little about how to go about finding someone to do that.

i also havent really made a firm desicion about whether or not i want to use this album to get attention from local airplay/labels, finding other musicians to collaborate with, or just for personal pleasure. i just have doubts swirling in my mind about if i even want to play this music, you know what i mean? i mean, say i get emails from venues saying they want me to perform, or a little indie label that says they like my style and they want me to talk about recording more stuff. i mean, this would require that i find other musicians to play the stuff with me, and i would essentially be turned into a douchebag with a microphone that plays guitar on 1/3rd of his own songs. haha. its not even a pride thing; i could care less. its a personal choice on whether or not i want to go down this kind of road, as a singer/songwriter. clearly, i dont have great vocal chops and hell, my guitar hands arent even as refined as i would like them to be. should i put this stuff on the backburner, or step up to the plate and see what can be done with my music? obviously monetary gain would be minimal; i could go the easy route and just get my cd pumped off from a cd distributor, as-is, and sell it for a few bucks a pop or whatever. but i want to make this something i wont be embarassed to listen to 5 years from now, so i really want to put the time and effort into doing it right.

any suggestions? i know there are music biz-savvy mo-****azz on here.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.