tired old fingers again

LloydW
LloydW
05/10/2007 10:19 pm
Sorry folks Im new at this forum computer stuff so until I get the hang of this you'll just have to bear with a few sour notes. Thanks everyone who replied. Hunter? I enjoyed Hunter Thompson too. To bad he died, we could use him again. Trigger finger ? When I bend my fingers they will lock up and it is painful to straighten them out again. There not so bad as to need an operation yet. Warm water before playing, sounds good. maybe some warm up exersise too. Maybe some cool down exersise after playing, I dont know. Any ideas and help is welcomed. Thats one of the reasons I m here. Also there are few guitar players around here, its nice to comunicate with some.
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/11/2007 2:16 pm
Yeah, I miss the old boy too. I some times wonder if maybe he offed himself because he just couldn't deal with a presidency that eclipsed the sort of madness and corruption that made him despise Nixon like he did. We could use Doc now that's for sure.

I try to do the same things; running my hands under warm water before playing. I have this thing (I guess it's like a heating pad) that I put in the microwave for about a minute and it holds heat well. I will put that on my elbow and hand sometimes too. That seems to help.

It's stinks getting old! :)

Take it easy. Hope to see you around the boards.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
LloydW
LloydW
05/14/2007 3:56 pm
Concider the alturnative to getting older. Heating pad helps, Ive already tried that. So does some simple finger exersize, before and after playing. Im also going to take up playing the keyboard, for a change of how I use my fingers. Even though i love the guitar, I dont want to get to the point where I cant play it at all, and because i love music, not just the guitar, a keyboard will help out. Ya I hated Nixon too. I stood on a flight line on Okinawa and watched the human reackage and dead bodies come back from Nam. I hate war more, I dont care who runs it or for what reason. But this is not guitar, or is it? Many good songs came out of the nam years.
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/14/2007 4:33 pm
Originally Posted by: LloydWConcider the alturnative to getting older. Heating pad helps, Ive already tried that. So does some simple finger exersize, before and after playing. Im also going to take up playing the keyboard, for a change of how I use my fingers. Even though i love the guitar, I dont want to get to the point where I cant play it at all, and because i love music, not just the guitar, a keyboard will help out. Ya I hated Nixon too. I stood on a flight line on Okinawa and watched the human reackage and dead bodies come back from Nam. I hate war more, I dont care who runs it or for what reason. But this is not guitar, or is it? Many good songs came out of the nam years.

I'm with you brother. I missed 'nam by a few years but I did my time for Unc too. Known way too many good people get totally trashed for no good reason. Ain't that the key? No good reason.

Cool idea on the keys. I know what you mean about music. It's been about the only constant in my life that remains as positive and influential now as it ever did. I still have to laugh when I think about hearing Jimi Hendrix on an AM transistor radio while delivering papers in the early mornings. Once you heard some of that good ol' music, you never quite looked at life the same way again.

Good luck with the keyboard and hope your fingers heal up good. Get back on the guitar man. It's the tonic that heals.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
05/14/2007 5:38 pm
I do a lot of typing. Between typing and playing guitar I have had my share of troubles.

This ergonomic keyboard helps with the typing problem:

http://www.amazon.com/Goldtouch-Adjustable-Keyboard-QWERTY-black/dp/B0006VJE82

I already told Lloyd, but maybe others would want to know...
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.