View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/09/2001 11:35 am
Nice to see that there is a healthy range of oppinions, and that there are poeple (like Raskelnikov, god bless him) who see that we need to work with poeple.

Skee1: I'm not from the US, i've said this before in the "america under attack", "where are you from", and this thread. I don't know how you came to conclusion that I may have links with the middle east. The fact is SteveP shares alot of my oppinions and used to live (before he moved to Uni) about 20 minutes walk away from here. Ask him your self! Checked my IP!

Gas Masks: gas masks are designed to protect you from easily compressed gases (like mustard gas), they dont do anything for any biological agent! Poeple should get this staight.
Anthrax: anthrax has been known for hundreds of years, and the bacteria is known to live in sheep. One Anthrax case isn't proof for the use of biological weapons. Viralent and infectious strians have been made, but there is no evidence to suggest this has been used. I'm pretty sure a simple anti-biotics test could tell the difference. So it's not like there could be doubt.
Why use Biological weapons?: I dont know, especialy when 19 poeple with box cutters can kill five and half thousand poeple. Also Explosives are much easier to make, and very easy to get the raw materials for. This cant be said for biological weapons. Poeple need to see the most frightning threat is the threat of suicide bombers/ pilots/ drivers etc, there is noway you can fight them.
Chemical weapons: the only case that i know of where gas was used by terrorist was be a cult in Japan, who released nerve gas in the subway, this killed 12 poeple and injured hundreds. Explosives have definetly done more damage.
Scaremongering (in UK): the tabliods when mad when the W.H.O. advised the government to possibly prepare for the threat of biological weapons. The fact is the WHO hasn't got a military role! They have no intelligence, and what they've said was advice, not a warning. Still that didn't stop the tabliods having a field day with it.

I totally agree with lordofthestrings about this whole situation looking too much like a lynch mob, especially now they've hinted that they're going to bomb iraq. It's starting to look like they're going to hit every country that ever had anything against the US.

The most important thing at the moment is to make sure that the pakistani government is kept stable, as they have nuclear capabilites. All hell will break lose if the government is overthrown. Personally i dred to think what some suicide pilot could do with a nuclear bomb!