View post (Blues Chords?)

View thread

LloydW
LloydW
05/09/2007 10:31 pm
Blues like most types of american music came from a mash of other types of music. A little country, a little celtic folk, some jazz for flavor, and so on. You can and should listen to blues artist, you will learn alot. What you will not learn and no one can teach, is simple. If you dont feel it you cant play it. I dont care what type music it is. I read alot of good advice from others, and all of it is solid. Now for my advice. Buy as many DVDs as you can. If you learn one thing from each, its still cheaper than a lesson. Blue notes. Theyre all over the fret board, you have to find them. Most chords are three fingers, use the fourth finger and put it on any note you can reach while on a chord. Country music, there is a great conection between the two forms of music. Alot of very famous bluesmen play country music, And Brother Ray was very famous for that, but by no means the only one. Develope your own style, every great player has his own style. Most of the famous Bluesmen couldnt play a guitar no where near Clapton. John Lee Hooker could play only in two keys. So dont be hard on yourself, keep your playing fun. And take this Lesson from B.B.King " I have been and I will always be a student of the guitar" So come back and let everyone know how it goes.