Pitch Training Systems!

pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
05/07/2007 8:05 pm
Ok, I've recently have gotten very interested in singing, and have been reading up on it. I can hear a pitch and sing it a will, though about 97% of the time, I don't know what that note is... Soooooo, I've been looking into ear training systems, and was wondering if learning to sing and recognize various intervals, plus, knowing how to sing in key. Can anyone give me an estimate how much these systems usually go for?

Oh, and by the way, what specifies the timbre of a human voice? :p
# 1
ren
ren
05/08/2007 10:44 am
I don't know about ear training systems - I developed relative pitch over the years and with a bit of help from a musicians institute book on ear training which you can get from here. It's got loads of audio samples as well. I can hear different chord types, intervals etc, but I couldn't tell you what note it is I can hear.

I had some software a while back which was supposed to cover ear training, but all the audio was piano, and it didn't work well for me. I've no idea how long it would take you to develop perfect pitch - linking notes to colours etc... I've seen software promising results, but have always been dubious.

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.