View post (Fender Showmaster QMT HH)

View thread

ostranderjoseph
ostranderjoseph
05/06/2007 12:10 am

www.fender.com

it is 899.99
629.99 Guitar Center Price

but i got it for just around 550.00 including a free freedom case and great leather strap which is super comfortable, a really good deal from a cool guy at guitar center.

FEATURES:
- 24 fret Maple Neck
- Rosewood Fretboard
- American made: Seymour Duncan SH-1nRP '59 Reverse Polarity humbucker at the neck and SHPGP-1b Pearly Gates Plus humbucker at the bridge.
- Neck thru
- Two-point synchronized tremolo bridge
- Locking tuners
- 5 lane switch
- Smoked-Chrome Hardware
- Abalone dot inlays
- C-shaped maple set neck has a 15.75”-radius rosewood fingerboard

PROS:
- Beautiful design
- Super comfortable
- Super clean sound, yet can also get as much crunch as you need
- Very crisp sounds, the warm/cool knob provides EXCELLENT tone
- NECK THRU gives you incredible sustain (only fender neck thru model)
- Easy navigation on the neck
- Easy on the hands/wrists

CONS:
- Made in Korea
- the 24 frets are a little harder to bend and keep your sound way up on the neck, it just takes some practice and getting used to, but then you can do it.

REVIEW:
This guitar is hands down, the most comfortable guitar i have ever picked up and played. the way the C shape body is gives you plenty of room to hit all 24 of those frets. the 5 way switch gives you immensely good sounds, from rich warm rhythms to crisp clean leads. this guitar can do it all. and it is a great price for such craftsmanship. i have played my share of high end guitars. big names like Fender and Gibson, PRS, Carvin. I love PRS guitars, but they are awfully pricey, i would get one but i do not have the money :) maybe one day when i save up. the other fenders i have played have mainly been american series strats and tele's, both of which are also amazing guitars. i just find the showmaster's neck way more comfortable. im not the biggest fan of Gibsons. they undoubtedly deserve the reputation they have, they are nice guitars. i just do not prefer them over my guitar. carvins are also great too, the ones i have played atleast. but again, the neck of the showmaster surpasses in playability and comfortability over all of these guitars. it is super smooth.

SUMMARY:
Overall, i rate this guitar a 10 out of 10. that sounds very cliche, but it is just an all around amazing guitar. i have fallen in love with it time after time. (especially when i go thru and tune it all up, repolish it, and then look at it =D)

Give this guitar a good check next time you go browsing.