Replacement neck for AmerDeluxe Strat

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
05/01/2007 10:51 pm
You know the one. The smooth satin finish, the rolled fretboard edges, the flawless fretwork, and (most importantly) that quick, slim profile.

Fender no longer sells replacement necks, from what I gather.

I want to be able to obtain a neck exactly like the one they put on the American Deluxe Stratocaster. To me it is perfection incarnate.

Where can I get one?
# 1
pinfinity
pinfinity
05/03/2007 5:31 am
Try e-bay. I know it sounds cliche but...

Have you tryed a crafted in Japan neck? The quality is unbeatable. Look to spend around 300 for a good one though.
Fenderfactors and stratosphere come to mind first. try those stores first. Either one should have what you're lookin' for.

cheers!

PIN
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
05/03/2007 11:45 am
Check out Warmoth.com as well.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
05/03/2007 11:45 am
I would go to the Fender site and get a contact #. Call and find out how to get a new neck. Fender will probably sell you a new neck either direct or through an authorized service and repair place. They will want the serial # of the guitar most likely. My understanding is they don't sell these parts to just anyone. I guess they don't want people putting there neck on someone else's body or something. Anyway try and call them first.

Good luck.
# 4
ren
ren
05/03/2007 12:25 pm
Nick and PRS are right. Fender will only sell you a replacement neck, and they'll want the broken one off you as well. They won't just sell you a neck.

Warmouth make Fender necks under license, and you will probably find you can get the exact neck you want from their stock. You'll have to get the decal off ebay and all that stuff if you want that.

Pin's ebay plan may be the way forward - although I guess the quality might be questionable depending on source. I'd go for warmouth - having had some experience of their necks / bodies (I have a custom tele made from warmouth parts).

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
pinfinity
pinfinity
05/03/2007 12:38 pm
Originally Posted by: renNick and PRS are right. Fender will only sell you a replacement neck, and they'll want the broken one off you as well. They won't just sell you a neck.

Warmouth make Fender necks under license, and you will probably find you can get the exact neck you want from their stock. You'll have to get the decal off ebay and all that stuff if you want that.

Pin's ebay plan may be the way forward - although I guess the quality might be questionable depending on source. I'd go for warmouth - having had some experience of their necks / bodies (I have a custom tele made from warmouth parts).

Warmoth does have some really nice necks. Sometimes you can get a really good deal on a 2nd quality(they don't call it that) but it's still gonna cost ya.
fender factors & stratosphere I can vouch for as for quality since I have dealt with them personally; I forgot to mention that in my post. . If you do go that route just ask alot of ?'s up front.

PIN
# 6
pinfinity
pinfinity
05/03/2007 12:40 pm
Originally Posted by: renNick and PRS are right. Fender will only sell you a replacement neck, and they'll want the broken one off you as well. They won't just sell you a neck.

Warmoth does have some really nice necks. Sometimes you can get a really good deal on a 2nd quality(they don't call it that) but it's still gonna cost ya.
fender factors & stratosphere I can vouch for as for quality since I have dealt with them personally; I forgot to mention that in my post. If you do go that route just ask alot of ?'s up front.

PIN
# 7
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/03/2007 4:38 pm
Pin, where are you from buddy?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.