View post (Twilight Terror)

View thread

ravenx495
ravenx495
05/05/2007 5:01 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell, I probably shouldn't say anything, BUT being that I'm in the mood I am, I'm going to. You really shouldn't post a song on here if you aren't going to be willing to tolerate criticism.

holly, cmon. of course i could tolerate critisism, but songman is trying to tell me how to write the way he wants me to. I'm gonna write with my own style and nobody gonna change my style of writing. I'd only add a few tweaks to my writing when somebody tells me something they think could be better in a few ways. I dont like when therapists like Songman go around "write about happy things that youve experienced. How can you write a song about something you've never experienced?" and also they say "Life is what you make of it. Enjoy it!" I am enjoying it, thank you very much. Those are just statements trying to get me to have a writing style overhaul. It's like trying to change a persons personality. Its not easy and you can't walk up to someone and say "instead of being completely sullen you should happy and quirky!" it just wont work my friends. Even if the person agrees, cmon, you can't make him have a complete personality overhaul. Trying to change someones style of writing is NOT criticism, and if it is, I've been missing out on criticism class.
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...