View post (GT Solo Assignment May '07)

View thread

WERNER 1
WERNER 1
05/15/2007 2:40 pm
I know that I've not been around here very long,...and I've only done a couple of the monthly solo's....but it's SOOOOO amazing to see the different ideas that everyone comes up with for the same BT.....That to me is what makes this so awesome!

You had me a bit worried when you mentioned vibrato.....I hadn't sat down and scrutenized my vibrato for a LONG time....so I had to go back and give it a couple of quick listens to make sure I wasn't doing something silly in there :o

I noticed that a few of you all are having the ever so peski trouble with bending the note's into pitch .... I know quite a few acomplished guitarist who still have a bit of trouble with this issue.....I took years for me to finally "get it down" so to speak....it was like one day I couldn't do it worth a darn, and then the next day I could...very wierd stuff... So take heart and keep praticing those bends...one day that muscle memory will kick in just right every time and you'll go "Woah" :cool: ...I still have some troubles with this myself from time to time as I find my self actually over bending the note just a hair.....and then if I switch to a hard tail guitar :eek:

Good stuff here guys!!

Rick