View post (GT Solo Assignment May '07)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
05/15/2007 2:33 am
Originally Posted by: equatorHey guys I’ve listened to all the entries submitted so far, and first of all I have to say that everybody did a great job, and I had fun listening to your takes.
Please don’t take in the wrong way anything I say as I am only giving constructive criticism and I do have plenty of good things to say about your entries.

Julian._ thanks for the backing track man, it is a fun track to improvise over.
z0s0._ I liked a lot the expressiveness of your vibrato technique and the choice of tone. The mixing work doesn’t do you justice, maybe some panning would do the trick.
Bar Chord Nick._ I always like your riffing and phrasing man, and you bended those notes to right pitch; not a bad tone at all. The only thing is that the guitar sounded a little quiet in comparison to the backing.
WringglerUK_ You played some good lines here and there and some bends were in pitch, however; most of the bends were off key. Also the tone was too tinny and trebly to my taste, maybe some EQ, pickup selection or tone knob could take care of that problem.
FingerSpasm._ Asserted volume levels, enjoyable tone, good timing, but some notes were off key. I liked the sustained bends and the slides.
WERNER1._ Excellent vibrato, nice tone, (I think I hear the right amount of reverb in it) perfect pitch bending and timing, loved the blues-rock licks and that harmonic reminded me of Zakk Wylde.
WorshipSmack._ Good choice of tone, and the Satriani lick was a clever idea.
magicninja._ Warm tone and good mix. I liked the repetitive melody line, but it was a little over used in my opinion. You have improved a lot on your phrasing and timing.

Once again, great job everybody.

Thanks for the Feedback. I am not sure what you mean by asserted volume levels? I am working on trying to stay in key and bending to pitch. I am still pretty new to all of this but its alot of fun and thanks again for the input always nice to have some one listen and then give an honest opinion wether its good or bad. :)