View post (GT Solo Assignment May '07)

View thread

Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
05/08/2007 6:09 am
Originally Posted by: WorshipSmackHi gang :)
I'm pretty new around here, and I'm really enjoying the GT community! This is the first month that I've known about the backing track and solo opportunity, so I decided to give it a shot.
Julian, I really like the backing track! It reminded me alot of some of my younger days listening to guys like Joe Satriani. In fact, I tossed in a little tribute lick from "Summer Song" in the middle of my solo to pay homage to the great Satch.
Let me also say that . . . . WOW! It's sure alot harder to come up with a solo for 2 and a half minutes, than it is to solo for 8 or 16 bars in the middle of a vocal song!

O.K. Gear used. - Epiphone blue flame Les Paul Classic dual humbucker. Played through a POD XT live and using one of the factory preset patches called "Eruption", then plugged directly into my MacBook Pro laptop and recorded into GarageBand.
Now that I've created mine, I'll go back and listen to some of the rest of yours as well! Talk to you all soon!

Kevin

www.soundclick.com/worshipsmack

Hey man glad you like the track, you did a good job with it too :) . Just wanna say that for these things it's not necessary to 'solo' over the whole track. What I like to do is come up with repeatable melodies especially during the chorus like you would with a normal song and improvise over other bits.
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.