View post (GT Solo Assignment May '07)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
05/06/2007 5:25 pm
Originally Posted by: WrigglerUk[QUOTE=FingerSpasm]Okay here is my first GT Solo. This is all my almost 2 years of playing could manage. I worked on this sucker for about 8 hours. I learned alot about cool edit pro. Anyway this is just basic rock and roll guitar. I could use any advice you guys might have. I think I pretty much stayed in the A minor pentatonic scale. My theory is still a little lacking. So if I am in the wrong key I could not tell. :o

Nothin' wrong with basic rock and roll guitar! If this is your first attempt at these, that's a good take! What struck me was some of the bends were OTT, and there were some obvious pauses between phrases - I suffer from both these faults myself! Keep em comin' - good to hear from a new entrant!

Thanks! I did get a little bend happy. I have been trying to work on bending into the correct pitch. And some of the pauses were due to my lack of ability at this time. And some of it was me just trying to let the song breathe a little. Maybe it was a little to much. :rolleyes: