Hey guys

Joseph
Joseph
10/06/2001 1:12 am
Over the past few weeks I've been teaching various music classes at different schools down here in South Florida.

This week I'll be teaching guitar at a new Christian Academy Grades 4-6. To keep the kids enthusiam running high, the headmaster suggested that I start off with singing (a few popular songs.) But this school is very strict, and I have to be careful with the lyrics that I choose. So do you guys have any ideas for some catchy light hearted songs? Besides Creed and U2, do you guys know of any simplistic songs that I could demonstrate?

Thanks.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/06/2001 1:44 am
Try some Jim's Big Ego tunes, they have some mp3s up...
www.bigego.com

Simplistic but catchy, and usually funny. I reccomend Stress or maybe She's Dead if they'll let you do it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Snacktruck
Snacktruck
10/06/2001 2:17 am
how about that new iron maiden song.

JUST KIDDING!!! try Phil Collins, the song "one more night"
# 3
Bardsley
Bardsley
10/06/2001 4:29 am
How about "The End" by the doors? Mother, I want to...
just kidding.
What about Sometimes by Pearl Jam? it's not light hearted, but I'm listening to it now and it's cool, and it mentions God in a kind of good way, so it sort of fits with the whole Creed thing I guess. Also, teaching kids the words to "The Wall Part 2" is garunteed to put you in the teachers' good books, he he he.
Hear are some songs on my playlist that could be nice:
Perfect Day by Lou Reed, Lay Lady Lay (is this ok?), Debra by Beck is probably out..., Lullaby by Reef, Harvest by Neil Young, America by Simon and Garfunkel, is stuff like that good?
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 4
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/06/2001 6:07 pm
I'm assuming you'll be playing on an acoustic, these work well on acoustics:
"Stop whispering" by radio head ( i dont think they come more simple and catchy, the whole thing is based on Dsus2), "dragons awake" by guided by vioces (i'm still trying to figure out what the hell the words mean), "yellow submarine" by the stinkin' Beatles, "when i argue i see shapes" by idle wild, "here she comes now" by the velvet under ground, "wonderwall" by oasis, "blowin' in the wind" or "when the ship comes in" (one ofo my presonal favs) by Dylan, "jesus dont want me for a sun beam" by the vaselines but the nirvana version is more popular all you have to do is say jesus WANTs me for a sun beam, "Ziggy Stardust" by bowie, "belong" by rem (very good for sining along to)....all of these are quite simple (i mean i can play for god sake!!!)

You could just think, ah to hell with him, and tune your guitar down 1000000 steps and play some system of a down...:D
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.