7-string pickups

Gargy
Gargy
04/25/2007 1:56 am
I got a really nice Washburn 7-string on Ebay not too long ago. It plays awesome (though the strings from the factory are a little heavier gauge than I would have put on myself), but the pickups don't sound as good as I would like (they sound a little too 'stopped up', for lack of a better term, ESPECIALLY the bridge).

So my question here is 'Does anybody know a good pickup to throw in a 7-string?' My inspiration to get it was more from music like Dream Theater/Vai/etc (more than Korn/Fear Factory/etc) and a sound a little more like theirs (instead of the typical cheap-humbucker sound).
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/25/2007 10:46 am
Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio both make some nice 7-string guitar pickups. You might want to check out a Duncan JB or a Dimarzio Tone Zone for the bridge. Not sure about the neck though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Gargy
Gargy
04/25/2007 2:53 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaSeymour Duncan and Dimarzio both make some nice 7-string guitar pickups. You might want to check out a Duncan JB or a Dimarzio Tone Zone for the bridge. Not sure about the neck though.

Haha, the neck is the one I want to replace the most. If I had any means of recording things onto computer I would provide sound clips (to only augment my 'these pickups don't sound very good' comment).
# 3
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
04/28/2007 5:21 am
Originally Posted by: GargyHaha, the neck is the one I want to replace the most. If I had any means of recording things onto computer I would provide sound clips (to only augment my 'these pickups don't sound very good' comment).

I believe JPs pickups are the Dimarzio Drop sonic and Air Norton ( they are custom pickups but are closest to these) both available in 7 string models if you are looking for the DT sort of tones
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.