View post (Thrash Song I Wrote)

View thread

Songman
Songman
04/22/2007 3:52 am
Opinions are like butt holes.
Everyone has one.

Yes, he is correct. Songs have been written about times in history, etc. And there are times these songs are very successful without the writer ever experiencing them. However, I do not believe a writer of song, book, or just a poem can't honestly convey pain, death, love, sorry, whatever, without ever experiencing it. You can tell a story, but can you tell of what the holocaust was really like without experiencing it? I don't think so.

Raven, to have a successful song you have to get by the label company, there lawyers, owners, etc. The preformer, unless they have already hit the big time and I mean big, have little or no say in what song they do or how they do it. They have a contract with the label and they have to do as they are told.

The songwriter gets very little of the profits. This is why I asked you, who are you writing for? If you are writing for yourself, go ahead and enjoy. If you are writing to get your song out there or to preform it yourself, then you must write to please the majority while keeping it your own.

Here's something else to consider. You may have written the hottest HMetal song that ever hit the scene, but the label has say in how it is to be preformed. They may change it into Rap, Blues, Country, etc. You have no say in the matter.

All of us have a natural talent. I beleive the words and thought, even though the words didn't rythme, are very good. I believe if you start writing about what you've experienced and worked of the rythme, and I mean work very hard, you will produce some great songs.

Of course, it's up to you. Like I said everyone has an opinion. Which one do you think is best for you? Whatever you do, do not stop writing.