View post (Iraq)

View thread

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/25/2007 10:28 pm
Ok I can believe that, but why keep it a secret and let public support for the war dwindle. Why wouldn't Bush wanna at least save face by "leaking" something like that to the news. Surely not all media outlets are anti-Bush.

Originally Posted by: LeedoggHow gruesome would the ensuing civil war be if America pulled out abruptly? If we stay, how many more years would it take to impose a "democratic" and sustainable government there? 5, 10, 20 more years?

Do you think Bush is trying to maintain the status quo as much as possible so that on Jan. 20, 2009 he can pass his mess off to the next guy?

While I love democracy and believe it the best form of government currently available, I don't think it is America's job to go forcing it on everyone. Nobody came over here and forced it on us. The founding fathers up and decided to do it themselves. I think that's the way it has to be. By the people for the people. It might not be as easy today as it was 230 years ago but if the masses truly want power for themselves they can have it. I think we can broadcast why democracy has treated us so well over the last few centuries and let the people decide for themselves if democracy is worth losing thier lives. We say it all the time. "Alot of people have died for our freedom" and it's true. What are these countries we're liberating gonna say? "Alot of Americans died for our freedom?" Where's the honor in that?
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons