View post (a good ol' love song)

View thread

Songman
Songman
05/10/2007 11:07 am
I am not the one that appears to be angry. Everything I have written, I stated it was my opinion and that everyone has one. I merely said in my book, songs rythme. This is my opinion.

There have been, so called songs, that have been very successful that do not rythme. However, you must all agree, that there are a lot more successful songs out there that do rythme. Many more, millions more.

In the beginning I asked, "Who are you writing for?", which I never got a reply. If you are writing for yourself and friends, fine. Your family and friends will like whatever you write, but if you are going to write to sell your songs, then you need to look (as do the labels) at what sells and songs that rythme sell far more than those that don't. This is fact!

There are a few and only a few of you in this songwriting group, that in my opinon, have the talent to make it in the songwriting business. Performers maybe, songwriting no. Changing your writing style is not changing your personality. You should try different styles and different music. You are still the one with the same thoughts and feelings. Style is how you put in down, how it's performed. The labels will have your song performed anyway they think will sell. You may write heavy metal and the label may make it jazz.

You don't see yourselfs as being closed minded, but you certainly are just because you don't like my opinion or should I say you don't like me or just don't want to try something different. Fine. I just thought that I might be able to help a couple of you make a start in the business. In my opinion, you obviously have a little growing up to do first.

I really don't care if you take my advise or not. It's whatever you want to do. I am not trying to force you to take on my way of thinking. I already made my way with successful songs, short stories, & poems. I was only trying to help.

As far as being friends, I don't see how on earth we could be friends when none of us ever met. I don't think we ever will meet, unless any of you are near Nashville. I will say, I don't consider any of you an enemy.

I guess I better just stop trying to help, since anyone with a different opinion than yours upsets you so. I don't want to be responsible for any of you having a breakdown.

I may look in from time to time, but I will keep my unwelcomed opinions to myself. Sorry, I couldn't help.

Keep on the Sunny Side!