View post (a good ol' love song)

View thread

ravenx495
ravenx495
05/09/2007 9:40 pm
songman, now you're really ticking me off. :mad: Us "creators" don't do what a BOOK tells us to. We write songs in our style, and who gives a damn if it doesn't rhyme? I have music to all my songs and it still sounds good when I sing it and play it with my band. Get off our backs with "songs must rhyme". God, how many songs have you posted lately? If you wanna see a song I wrote that rhymes, see my latest thread. It's titled "a song not so depressing". Guess why? So you wouldn't jump on me saying "ENJOY YOUR LIFE ITS THE LAST ONE YOU HAVE!!!" Listen, I've said it a MILLION times before, let people have their own style. We are going to write the way we want to, NOT the way you want to. PLEASE just give us a few tips besides "ENJOY LIFE" and "MAKE SONG RHYME". Don't mean any offense, but I get pissed easily. And you're pissing me off. And nobody here in da hood likes me when I'm pissed. Neither should you.

Songman, what I'm trying to say is, we know you have an opinion. We know that you want us to agree with your opinions. We respect that. But sorry, that's not the way things work anymore. Give us your opinions lightly. Don't go telling us that we should read a book to tell us how to write. And I speak for all of us songwriters here. I'm sure they don't like some of your opinions as well. That's the way it works. Some people will agree with you, some people won't. Just take into consideration what you're about to say before you speak you're mind. God it feels like I'm counseling my son, if I had one. Listen, I respect that you have an opinion, but being redundant (with me especially) with the telling me to rhyme and not being depressing and not writing about history and ****, it just gets annoying you know? Sorry once again if this post is of any offense to you.

Songman, I wanna get along. I don't you to alienate yourself around here. This is a good place here. You can learn a lot and stuff. The problem is, you're trying to be the songwriting advice mod around here. So post a few songs, quit giving advice that is your own opinion, and let's be friends, okay? :)

-Raven
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...