View post (Go White Sox.)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/20/2007 6:25 am
Most Cubs fans and Yankees fans go together really well...

Magic, you sound legit and I have no problem with legit fans that are fans for a reason.....

But around here, you have two kinds of fans. Baseball fans.... which are usually bleeding blue 10th generation Cubs fans... or Sox fans... Then you have the "It's cool to be a Cubs fan" fan...... and I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that. I have respect for people that are Cubs fans for a reason... but to be a fan just because you like their blue hats or just ebcause all your friends like them is absurd to me...

I have a friend that is a Yankees fan... the only reason he is a Yankees fan is because they have won almost 25% of the World Series' that have been played.... and HATE that about him... I think it's hilarious that the Yankees haven't won a WS since they added the 200 Million dollar man... Alex Rodriguez to their line up.... even though him and Jeter are two of my favorite baseball players... I still hate the Yankees because for me... I'm a 4th generation Sox fan... I've been to Wrigley field once... and it was to watch the Sox play. haha. Cuck the Fubs and Yuck the Fankees..... those are two very common phrases around the Southside bars. haha!!!

Just like music... To each his own... and you have to respect that.