View post (Go White Sox.)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/20/2007 5:47 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI have regional taste when it comes to college teams (UNM, NMSU), NFL (Broncos), NBA (Nuggets). but if you remember Denver didn't have an MLB team til what 10-15 years ago, I really don't care. The first little League team I played on was called the Yankees. My dad got me a Mantle Baseball card when I was 7. I still have it right here on my PC desk. I have my reasons for liking the Yankees and when someone questions that (which is ridiculus to begin with) it pisses me off something furious.

In my defense, there are A LOT of arrogant friggin Yankee fans. My entire family, aside from my dad, sister, and myself are Yankee fans. Being a Mets fan, they like to give me hell about it. The 2000 World Series was not my finest point in life. The only worse fans than Yankee fans, are Boston fans.

I've got just as many reasons to hate the Yanks as you do for liking them, so I'd say its fair to say it pisses me off also when I see fans of them half way across the country. Funny when people say they're Yankee fans and the only player they know is Derek Jeter. Or the people who have heard of Jeter and not Jackie Robinson. As passionate as you are about them though, I won't think of heaping you in with that bunch.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.