View post (Instrument For Songwriting?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/04/2001 3:33 am
I've been playing piano before anything else, and it's a great way to write music. Very simplistic at times, and very relaxing.

When you're young, and there are so many other musical instruments available, the panio doesn't seem very exciting. As a young kid, listening to our favorite songs on the radio, it's safe to say all that we want to do is rock with the best of them.

But as the years have progressed, and being tha I've experimented with various instruments all over the world, I always seem to go back to the panio when it comes to songwriting.

It's just an old friend, and instrument that I feel very comfortable with. Regardless on whether or not most of my favorite song are panio oriented, it doesn't matter, because it's a great feeling when you can take your favorite songs from guitar etc, and alter the way it sounds on piano. Almost as if you're creating a new song!

Have any of you guys had any experience as a child, or perhaps throughout your life with the piano? If so, do you use the piano as a important instrument for songwriting? Or is it something that you've always wanted to learn to play?

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."