View post (Liberal/Conservative, Freedom of Speech, etc...)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/13/2007 10:24 pm
Originally Posted by: Bar Chord NickWhen the lyrics to rap and hip-hop was brought to Sharptons attention he blamed the record companies for making these artist use derogatory and slang statements. You see the rappers would rather use "African American" as apposed to the "N" word but Sony and others makes them use it.

Ah...sure...that makes sense. :confused:

I know I sound like quite the doomsayer here some times, but I really do feel that we are in some strange and scary times. Not in every aspect, there is a lot of hope out there too. But so many basic freedoms are being attacked on all sides. Don't give up those things that soooo many have made great sacrifice, and many have died, to provide and protect. Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of a free society. Without the right to express yourself free of the fear of persecution, you are only a stones throw from a fascist state. It's not that much of leap to see that once you lose that right, it won't before long before you are no longer allowed to read, write, sing or play what you want.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]