View post (Help Me Find A New Electric)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/10/2007 3:57 pm
SG's are a widely used "rock" style guitar. They tend to have a bit thinner tone than the Les Pauls due to the smaller body mass. They're notoriously bad for touring though... Not that you're going to take it on any world wide tours... But they're not as ruggedly built as other guitars. I personally wouldn't waste my money on a true Gibson SG... If I ever bought an SG style guitar I'd buy an Epiphone SG-400 in either Ivory or Black... the Ivory one is super sexy: http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG-400-CUSTOM-G-400-Antique-Ivory-Guitar-NEW_W0QQitemZ120105308506QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In the end it's whatever you want... What's your price range? Finding a guitar that you like isn't nearly the battle of it... Finding a guitar that you like AND can afford is the real battle to win... Beyond that getting the most bang for your buck is priority as well... You wight want to also check out the Schecter C-1 series of guitars... The Classics come stock with Seymour Duncan JB/59 humbuckers, which are pretty much the essential versatile rock pickup these days.