Greasy freedom!!!

earthman buck
earthman buck
04/10/2007 3:37 am
Yes....at last you can hear the Greasy Knots.

I feel I need to explain, though (so you don't feel totally let down by all the hear-the-Greasy-Knots hype :)). This is a song from last summer. It was a jam that we thought was too cool to not record, so we whipped out the ol' tape recorder and let 'er fly.

As a result of being transferred from tape recorder to computer, the quality is not very good. As a result of it being only the second time we ever played it, there are a few timing mistakes scattered throughout. As a result of it being a jam we were having fun on, it is over 11 minutes long.

It's very repetitive, and there are a couple sections where the song comes to a stop and I just make some crazy guitar noises for a while.

But despite everything I just said, this is one of my favourite things of ours.

You can download it here:
Separation

(I found a tape from our first practice as a band, and it was dated April 17th '06, which makes April 17th Greasy Knots Day. To coincide with the First Greasy Anniversary, we will try to put some of our real songs up.)
# 1
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/10/2007 6:25 am
Ahh, the beauty of just jammin out... Not really going anywhere, no set plan of what will happen next...Spur of the moment creation. Always gives me a good high.

Nice job guys. Sounds like you have a lot of fun and you get lost in what your playing. Good stuff.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 2
acapella
acapella
04/10/2007 3:37 pm
Hey, I remember that. It sounded better with some of the quality intact, but it still holds pre' tight. Can't wait for Greasy (Fags) Knots (Boys) Day!
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
04/14/2007 3:33 am
Cool man. I like the feedback, scrapes, and other noises too. You'll have that imitation dial-up modem sound down in no time! ;) Sounds pretty good for being on a tape too. Look forward to more from ya'll.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/14/2007 4:24 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdCool man. I like the feedback, scrapes, and other noises too. You'll have that imitation dial-up modem sound down in no time! ;) Sounds pretty good for being on a tape too. Look forward to more from ya'll.

The only thing I miss about dial-up is the modem sound. God I miss it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.