Earthing problem???

strat-man
strat-man
04/09/2007 4:16 pm
Ok so i know single coil hum has been been covered many times, but my problem is slightly different.

When i play my Strat into my Vox DA15 modelling amp (with or without effects chain) no hum when not playing, but, pick a note and a hum 'swells' (like that violining thing you can do when you pick a note and then turn up the guitar volume) this hum then very quickly decays and takes the note with it!!! it's killing the sustain, even if i use a sustainer/compressor, this happens on all 11 amp models. I shielded the electrics on the Strat about 8 months ago, as per the 'quietening the beast' mod on the guitarnuts web site, which stopped the constant humming that i used to get, however i am going to remove the capacitor used in this mod as LATS posted in another thread that it can increase noise.

Its also probably worth mentioning that i don't get this problem playing my Les Paul through this amp and neither do i get the problem when playing the Strat through my Vox VR15 hybrid (solid state/valve amp) :confused:

Any other single coil players out there had this problem?
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
da_ardvark
da_ardvark
04/09/2007 4:35 pm
Is there any way you can make a quick recording of how the sound is? This would make it much easier to identify the problem.
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
04/10/2007 6:00 pm
Originally Posted by: da_ardvarkIs there any way you can make a quick recording of how the sound is? This would make it much easier to identify the problem.

Got absolutely no recording gear dude :o
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.