Even Newer Metal Pole


z0s0_jp
Riffologist
Joined: 07/08/05
Posts: 1,584
up yer ass :D (is ass a bad word???)
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
ren
Registered User
Joined: 02/03/05
Posts: 1,985
I voted for Pantera.... I'm listening to their stuff quite a bit at the moment... Anthrax a close 2nd... :cool:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
hunter60
Humble student
Joined: 06/12/05
Posts: 1,579
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpup yer ass :D (is ass a bad word???)



Yeah, I wasn't going to bring it up cause this just made me laugh but I think you meant poll rather than pole. Still, funny stuff. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3
ren
Registered User
Joined: 02/03/05
Posts: 1,985
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpup yer ass :D (is ass a bad word???)


In the UK, no - I work on the basis that anything they say on the BBC before the watershed (or on the radio where cussing is full on banned) is fair game, so ass (or it's UK cousin 'arse') and crap are now fair game, and my grandma can't complain...

Obviously, there are some that will forever be bad... I personally don't get it - a word is just a word.... I have been known to swear like a sailor.... so I guess I'm biased....

A new metal pole:



Shiny.... isn't it.... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
Registered User
Joined: 12/19/05
Posts: 2,171
I voted for Megadeth in the other one, so I gave my vote to Maiden for this one.

I've been listening to the track "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" off the latest album... it's jaw-dropping metal. Heavy, but also a bit proggy, and amazing vocals.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
Joined: 02/20/05
Posts: 2,714
Damn you ZoSo, you made it even harder to choose.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 6
DAMAGED ONE
Registered User
Joined: 01/22/06
Posts: 894
I went with J.P. just for the History. They go wayyyyy back.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 7
DAMAGED ONE
Registered User
Joined: 01/22/06
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by: renIn the UK, no - I work on the basis that anything they say on the BBC before the watershed (or on the radio where cussing is full on banned) is fair game, so ass (or it's UK cousin 'arse') and crap are now fair game, and my grandma can't complain...

Obviously, there are some that will forever be bad... I personally don't get it - a word is just a word.... I have been known to swear like a sailor.... so I guess I'm biased....

A new metal pole:



Shiny.... isn't it.... :D
Let me buy you a beer!! LOL
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 8
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Joined: 03/13/02
Posts: 3,826
On that list I prefer Savatage. I can't believe you said ass......ass :p
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 9
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
Joined: 07/08/05
Posts: 1,584
Originally Posted by: hunter60Yeah, I wasn't going to bring it up cause this just made me laugh but I think you meant poll rather than pole. Still, funny stuff. :)

I was gonna just write poll...but then I thought of Dave Mustaine and "metal up yer ass!!" so I spelled it the way you see it. ;)
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 10
grizzlymint
Registered User
Joined: 01/02/07
Posts: 644
Hmmmm....Megadeth or Pantera. Toughy.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
Joined: 06/12/05
Posts: 1,579
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpI was gonna just write poll...but then I thought of Dave Mustaine and "metal up yer ass!!" so I spelled it the way you see it. ;)



Still funny! :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 12
Superhuman
Registered User
Joined: 04/18/05
Posts: 1,334
'Rust in Peace' did it for me, Megadeth gets my vote for that one alone
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Joined: 07/05/00
Posts: 2,907
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusI voted for Megadeth in the other one, so I gave my vote to Maiden for this one.

I've been listening to the track "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" off the latest album... it's jaw-dropping metal. Heavy, but also a bit proggy, and amazing vocals.

"The Longest Day" owns my world.

I love that whole album, but the longer I'm in the Army the more and more relevant that song gets to me.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
ericthecableguy
Registered User
Joined: 07/09/05
Posts: 1,929
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpI was gonna just write poll...but then I thought of Dave Mustaine and "metal up yer ass!!" so I spelled it the way you see it. ;)

...good cover :D

Maiden baby...Maiden
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 15
jiujitsu_jesus
Registered User
Joined: 12/19/05
Posts: 2,171
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikov"The Longest Day" owns my world.

I love that whole album, but the longer I'm in the Army the more and more relevant that song gets to me.


Another one of my favourite cuts off the album, in fact. But really, there's no filller on that CD - it's all substance, and all excellent.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 16
rockonn91
Registered User
Joined: 01/21/05
Posts: 2,475
...and Maiden pulls into the lead!! :cool:
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 17
Randy Johnson
Registered User
Joined: 03/25/07
Posts: 16
I went with Pantera....was thinking of Maiden.....but really you can't compare these guys under Metal....they are not in the same league....each band rules its own planet.....
# 18