NEW Metal Poll

aschleman
aschleman
04/11/2007 4:41 pm
Originally Posted by: grizzlymintGood to see no one voted for Slapnut....ughem, I mean Slipknot.

I like Corey Taylor/Stone Sour.... but I CANNOT stand Slipknot.

And they are no where close to being anywhere near the remote vicinity of the top 20 metal bands of all time...
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/12/2007 7:53 am
They're far from one of my favourite metal bands, and they certainly don't make it into the all-time Top 20 like Adam said, but I don't mind Slipknot. Even if most of their lyrics are stupid, they're pretty heavy and they've got some solid grooves.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
04/12/2007 2:33 pm
Originally Posted by: dvenetianNo Sabbath, No Vote,.

Also, I can't believe that Judas Priest didn't even make it on the poll titled "Best Metal Band".... Halford is one of the all time best vocalists in Metal's history!!!
Especially vintage Priest... "Whiskey Woman don't you know that you are driving me INSANE, YEAH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Victim of Changes" off "Sad Wings of Destiny" and "Unleashed in the East" is something any young Metaller should experience to appreciate who the Daddy's of true Metal are, before the word "Metal" became "Commercialized".
Priest Priest Priest Priest Priest Can you tell Im a Priest FAN!!!!!
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
04/15/2007 2:20 pm
Nice to see people talking about Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I can still remember running down to the record store and getting Piece of Mind the day it came out. Trooper ROCKS!!! I went and saw them 2 times in St. Louis and once in San Antonio back in the 80's.
My favorite newer metal band right now is Killswitch Engage. They do not play alot of lead but their Riffs are so awsome. They remind me alot of Maiden. Just my Opinion. Plus they are not so Doom and Gloom. They like to have a good time and be goofy. I know that sounds lame but you would have to check them out and read some articles on them to know what I mean by that last comment.
# 4
damaged
damaged
04/16/2007 8:09 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI like Corey Taylor/Stone Sour.... but I CANNOT stand Slipknot.

And they are no where close to being anywhere near the remote vicinity of the top 20 metal bands of all time...

Don't worry many barely consider Slipknot to be real metal.
"Make money your god and it will plague you like the devil."
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.