How would you play this ?

Logan826
High on Strat
Logan826
High on Strat
04/04/2007 9:14 pm
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where it sould go.
I have the first part down, it's the pull-offs and hammer-ons I'm having a hard time playing.
pm pm po po po
|-------------------------------|-------------------------------|
|--------3---------------3------|-------------------------------|
|----------2---------------0----|--------0--0----------------2/0|
|--0--0------0---------------0--|-------------------0-2/0-------|
|--------------3(0)3------------|--------------0/2--------2-----|
|-------------------------------|-3(0)3-------------------------|
I understand the this first bar and can play it. It's the D string 2nd fret open note then hammer-on pull-off is what it looks like, but I can't get it to sound right doing that. BTW, it's Sweet Home Alabama.
Thanks,
Dan
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
04/04/2007 9:44 pm
Well, thats just one of the two guitar parts they play. It wont sound completely right unless both parts are played. *shrug* it just takes time and practice to get those hammer-ons and offs really fast. it doesnt sound right slow. (oh, speaking of which, try playing those as hammer ons instead of slides, it may be a bit easier)
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
ravenx495
ravenx495
04/04/2007 9:53 pm
the way i play it is assign fingers on my left hand...

for that hammer on pull off assign the first finger to the A and D strings and third finger on the G string. Just play that lick over and over again till ya get it.

If that doesn't work for you, us the second instead of first on D string. Those are the only options I have...(sigh)
Like a phoenix rising from the flames...

...so shall the epic journey unfold as we discover our ancient future and craft legends through fire and flight.

This is a night of trance...
# 3
Logan826
High on Strat
Logan826
High on Strat
04/04/2007 10:25 pm
Thanks for the replies. Now that I look at this tab....they do show this one as slides. The bought version i have for GP5 shows them as hammer-on and pull-offs. I'll try your suggestions and see how it goes. I know with anything it take practice, but it just wasn't comming out right. Question though, if you have say a open cord, then pull off back to open, do you pick the pull off. Reason I ask is that as I've been working on pull offs if I just pull-off at say the 2nd frett it doesn't sound right unless I'm pull-off to a higher up fret ie: pulling-off at 3 and fretting 2. Make sense ?
Dan
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.