Seminar

andrew3in1
andrew3in1
04/04/2007 11:33 am
Just got back from a two day seminar about guitar upkeep and maintenance. This was put on by a local group of Lutheries here in San Antonio.

One thing they taught us was the old way of stretching new guitar strings was a really bad idea.

I was taught that you pull up on the string. This they say is really bad for the bridge. What they suggest is to gently push down on the string that is above the sound hole but no more than half an inch max.

They suggest you do this with a gentle touch.

As I go through my notes I will post other things they taught. It may be a while since I cannot read my own writing!
Andrew
[FONT=Arial]Sarcasm Just One Of
Our Free Services.[/FONT]
# 1
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/04/2007 12:33 pm
Hey thats cool info man. Its the way I do mine but cool to know I was going about it the right way. Keep the info coming. Ohhh yea Brownie point for you.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 2
ren
ren
04/04/2007 1:06 pm
I never pull them up away from the guitar - I used to break strings that way...

I just go up and down the neck bending the strings up as far as I can as if I'm just doing normal bends. That gets them stretched in pretty quick.... obviously you get most movement around the middle of the neck, so jut bend the 12th fret note up a couple of steps - retune and repeat...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.