View post (Truss Rod Adjusting)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
04/03/2007 6:45 pm
Hey guys,

I just had my guitar setup (thanks to aschelman for the suggestion of the place there isn;t hardly a decent place around the west suburbs anymore) and anyway since the seasons are changing and I went from Chicago to Cincinnati which is significantly warmer I believe that it needs some slight tweaking. The guy who did the setup said it probably would and even said if I brought it back in he'd do it for free, but I am several hundred miles away now and thats not really an option.

The problem I am having is with the high e and the b strings, they are all twangy and feel like they are being obstructed by the frets. I looked down the neck from above and it is obviously twisted upwards on that side of the neck. Well I don;t know if it should or shouldn;t be, or maybe just not as much as it is, but I was wondering how dangerous it would be for me to adjust it with a little knowledge gained from people here who know what they're talking about.

So if it isn;t too hard, which I can;t see why it would be to adjust the thing then it wuld be great to hear from some people on how I should do it, what to look out for and just generally things I should now so i don't break the damn thing.

FYI:

ESP LTD MH400, Floyd Rose, 10 gauge strings tuned to Eb (wouldn't mind tuning them back up actually but action was kinda high)

Thanks for any help I get.