View post (The Horrible Music Support Group)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
04/04/2007 3:41 am
hip hop is wonderful if used correctly, and i see corporate rap just as white and monopolized as i would see garth brooks, ashley simpson, or the all american rejects. its not music if its marketed to make profits in areas other than record companies (i think the american orthodontic association had at least a little bit to do with why grills are popular, and so on)

i can honestly say i listen to so much stuff, that i cant limit it to genres. a few types of music i particularly dont like to listen to for extended periods of time are as follows:

grindcore (unless its like, 30 seconds of it, and its tasteful, and its playing in the backround while someone is shooting up a shopping mall or something)

screamo-i dont need to say anything about this. ive honestly never encountered a more limiting genre of music than "Screamo". from the get-go, you already know the formula as if it was an iron maiden song (no offense, but we've kindof realized their formula by now). youve got the soft intro with lame chord arpegiations that sound so generic it could be on a billboard; then you;ve got the soft-spoken verse that is meant to get one teary-eyed; then the chorus rolls around and *gasp* heres where the SCREAMO comes into play! what a novel concept. it might be okay if bands like that didnt categorize themselves into that, resulting in systematic loss of creativity due to the fact that if they change their song structure, it wont be screamo anymore.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE