View post (The Horrible Music Support Group)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/03/2007 4:01 am
My sisters both have a horrible taste in music in my opinion. One prefers country and the California rock. The other hip hop and rap. However, neither of them leave under the same roof as I.

Momma is pretty good. Paul Simon, Billy Joel, some CCR, and such. She does listen to say Whitney Houston and stuff like that at times, but at least Whitney Houston can sing.

Dad isn't real big on music, but he's typically got something like Steely Dan, Elton John, or Gordon Lightfoot playing. All of which are good imo. He also listens to Christian music at times, which I don't like, but he often doesn't even have music on. So its kept to a minimum.

My roomie prefers country and rap. Never understood that. I don't even think he actually likes rap, hes just under the delusion that if he cranks his bass high and blares the "fad" stuff, girls are gonna think hes cool....Every time I get in his truck, its blared, but he knows well enough to turn it off when I'm in there. The country is the same thing. New country is unbearable imo. Its all the same. But I've rubbed off on him some, so I can sometimes find a CD with decent stuff on it in his truck.

Thats about the extent of my music problems with others. But as its been established, beauty is in the ear of the beholder. If originality, subtlety, and creativity isn't of importance to you, new country and rap is gonna appeal to you.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.