Moonlight in Vermont

PlatonicShred
PlatonicShred
04/01/2007 4:27 am
Phew. This has to be one of the most difficult pieces for me to latch onto. It's so difficult to get that almost shimmering effect that someone like Joe Pass gets when he plays this song solo. I would like advice from an instructor--or someone who has experience with this song--on the more subtle aspects of its execution.

It's not changing the chords or anything like that that I have a problem with, nor the technical execution--from a mechanical standpoint at least. It's more just...the ideal tone setting, the style of attack ((tip of the pick, slanted, more of the pick, pick with a bit of thumb, etc.)). I don't want to play it with my fingers alone, but with pick and fingers.

Although one mechanical error that is difficult for me to overcome are parts where two or three notes from the chord still ring, but there is a scalar line underneath.

Advice? This is a piece of such delicate beauty for solo guitar...so, tell me how to be beautiful! ~LoL~
Back In Black isn't a song. It's a divine call that gets channeled through five righteous dudes every thousand years or so. That's why dragons and sea monsters don't exist anymore.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.