Wish Me Luck

MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/31/2007 9:14 pm
Well I fixing to get ready to head to my brothers house for a good ole cook out (we use that cookout word to cover the true beer fest it is). Im bringing my guitar and have about 11 songs for acoustic to play for abot 15 to 20 folks tonight. This will be the first time I actually get to play for a group since I started and im nervous as hell. LOL... im crazy ... this is my friends and family and I got jitter buggs....lol. Well im excited and was looking for some good luck tokens from some very talented peers I get to chat with on here. Well im off..... "Wish Me Good Luck"
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 1
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
03/31/2007 9:43 pm
" Good Luck Mate "
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
03/31/2007 9:44 pm
Good luck dude, sure you'll be fine :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/31/2007 10:10 pm
Awsome dude, playing in front of your friends and family is fun and helps overcome the nervousness of playin in front of other people. I bring my acoustic along when I go to bonfires, always good times.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/01/2007 1:43 am
Playing an acoustic at get togethers like that is always a blast! It's especially fun once everybody gets good and liquored up and starts singing along with everything you play... Or, you can do like I do and just start jamming on some random I-IV-V bluesy progression and play catch up blues (one person makes up some words, and then the next person makes up some words playing off the previous ones, and so on and so forth).
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
04/01/2007 2:58 am
Good stuff man. A friend of mine and myself played a 3 minute rendition of Stairway the other night to some gal...I told this story before. However, I left out a major detail. It was over the phone. Which was even more messed up. We did about a 2 and a half hour concert.

Funny the wonders alcohol can do for you.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/01/2007 3:10 am
alcohol majorly kills my ability to play guitar...like real bad
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/01/2007 4:23 am
Well just got home and got to say..... awesome night. I learned that Tim McGraw song "Its your love" for my sister (when we went dancing that was a song I loved two stepping with my sister). Well my broher and sister sang that song and I played like I never thought I could tonight. It was increadible how everything worked so well and sounded so cool im still blown away by it. The chorus been wooping my butt the last week trying to get it down but I nailed it both times tonight ...whooo hooo! Sorry about rambeling im just pumped about my first night playing infront of folks and feal confident I gave them some decent tunes. LOL... I knew I did a decent job when right before we left I heard my brother humming "Wish you where here" by Pink Floyd that I played while he was cleaning the ktchen...lol. Thanks for the good luck tokens yall .....I think it did me good tonight.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 8
dvenetian
dvenetian
04/01/2007 5:40 am
You're probably already playing by now, but maybe the Good Luck wish will extend till next time. Nerves are a killer the first few times you perform for an audience, no matter what size that may be (other than what I had to endure being thrown to the Lions for my very first gig. I don't recommend it for health reasons,ie; GUT-ROT). First time out was opening at a Street Festival with over 2,000 Headbangers attending. It took everything I had not to blow chunks all over the crazed metallers moshing right up to the stage!!!!!!!!!!! The only two things I can remember besides my rotting gut pushing that Burger King Whopper into my throat (ate something to calm the nerves, Bad Idea), was how difficult it was to control tempo and fighting the strong urge to speed up. And secondly, making a mental note to bolt down the Monitors next time.
A band named Vengence (now go by Vengence Rising) headlined that gig, until the were forced to shut down for fear of a riot brewing. Needless to say, the promoter's never booked that line up again.

One thing worth noting was the stage used by Vengence. It was a 40 foot long Flatbed Tractor Trailer. That band totally ripped, I've never seen a band perform on a flatbed before and it made for an awesome looking hardcore stage. Wish I would have thought of it first.
Good luck. After a few bouts, your nerves will calm some, however, I still get butterflies to this day before the gig, but that initial urge to speed up has faded out, thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 9
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
04/01/2007 12:40 pm
congrats Mav! That's awesome. There's nothing like your first time... sniff. Having everyone drunk is a huge help. We had a sing along at my wedding last week and I butchered a song with wrong chords left and right but it didn't matter because everyone was singing so loud no one could hear that I was off. :)
# 10
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
04/01/2007 12:42 pm
...and rep points to you for popping your cherry. Well done!
# 11
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
04/01/2007 1:46 pm
lol... thanks evryone for the support and good luck. Hell... im still gitty this morning about it.

MySpace
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.