View post (Timing)

View thread

PlatonicShred
PlatonicShred
03/30/2007 10:17 am
I have to confess, I never really got anything but a click-clack-click metronome. Personally, I like playing along with real records. My BOSS studio thing has some beats on it...but I still don't get the same flavor just telling it to 'accent this beat or that.'

On another beat--do you guys think that guitarists practice in an isolated fashion? Because it seems to me, coming from my side, that if you practice with a machine all the time---even if you have it doing drumbeats--you still might have to do some serious work when it comes time to play with actual musicians that speed up and slow down without warning. Whereas, if you play with some really raw records, you may have less work to do.

Is this the case? I don't really know, since my practice with a metronome is limited to technical excercises and learning new ways to finger this that and the other. The rest of the time I just try to play with actual musicians, or actual music.
Back In Black isn't a song. It's a divine call that gets channeled through five righteous dudes every thousand years or so. That's why dragons and sea monsters don't exist anymore.