should i stop??

Jose Daniel
Jose Daniel
03/28/2007 10:52 am
i play fine, and i can hear the music. but the problem is that whenever i pause and look at my hand (my left), it never fails to shake, shake in a disturbing kind of way. and i was wondering if some of you guyz have the same issues?? for me, i think this happened because whenever i finish practising the guitar, i wash my hands. so, how can i stop this disturbing shake???
Many drops of water make a river, many grains of rice make a large basket, do not underestimate your own potential, and do not think of any good deed as too small to do. - Master Shih Cheng-yen

Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind. - Napoleon Hill
# 1
ren
ren
03/28/2007 11:03 am
Do your hands shake the rest of the time? If it's only after playing guitar, how long do you have to play for before it happens, and how long does the shaking last? Do you have any pain or anything?

if it's worrying you (and you say it's disturbing), you should see a doctor....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
MAVERIC777
Full Access
MAVERIC777
Full Access
03/28/2007 12:58 pm
Yea im with Ren .. if it bothers ya you should get it checked out. I personaly dont have that problem while or after playing. I do have that problem during a workout at the gym. Was trying to fill up my water bottle and couldent for the life of me hold that thing still to fill it up...lol. I know it is due to strain and exertion of the muscles in my arm. Maby our problems have something in common? My shakes go away after a few minutes of rest though.
A man isen't measured by how far he has traveld in life, but how he made the jurney. ;)

MySpace
# 3
Jose Daniel
Jose Daniel
03/28/2007 2:53 pm
no pain...just feels kinda weird..hehehe. it happens when i put my hands on the fretborad, and form the curve. thanks anyways, i think i'm gonna meet the doctor this weekend.
Many drops of water make a river, many grains of rice make a large basket, do not underestimate your own potential, and do not think of any good deed as too small to do. - Master Shih Cheng-yen

Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time. One or the other must dominate. It is your responsibility to make sure that positive emotions constitute the dominating influence of your mind. - Napoleon Hill
# 4
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/28/2007 3:24 pm
i used to get somethin like this in my right hand sometimes it would move incredibly fast up and down at the wrist as if i was picking. it worried me a bit. but it stopped so i stoped worrying. i think it might have stopped after i tried to make sure that i kept my hand completely relaxed.
# 5
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/28/2007 6:48 pm
well, if you're really new to it, the shaking on the fretboard could be partially just because you dont really know what you're doing, and you also havn't really built up muscles in your fingers and arms you wernt using before.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.