View post (Songs that have ruined your life!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/02/2001 12:44 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
That whole album showed me the beginning of the end for my last relationship. I listen to it all the time, but it still brings everything back. The one song I can't listen to is "Girly" by The Refreshments. It was my old song for my ex.

Yeah, there are a lot of songs that walk us step by step through both the good times, and the bad times of our lives. However, it's still very tempting to listen to these songs that bring back all of those tumultuous memories, I think it's basically because we never really stop searching for a bit of understandings, on all levels.

chris mood: November Rain by GnR, came out just as a long relationship with someone I really cared about came to an end.

You know I swear, more an more people have told me (over the past few years) how "November Rain" makes them want to cry, or pull their hair out due to relationship problems or failed marriages. A lot of people that I know chose this song for their wedding, and now they feel it's a big black cloud hanging over their heads. It's sad too, because it's a really great song, and I've never heard Slash strike a guitar solo with more passion (especially that ending run, whoooo.) Just be careful when it comes time to choose that important wedding song, because regardless on what we think, songs aren't supposed to tie everything together. They are merely there for enjoyment, laughs, and to remind us what we did wrong!!!!

ekstasis16: And I want to thank you, Joseph, for opening a topic like this. Sometimes it's good just to talk about these things, even with complete strangers, just to get it out of your head. And in my situation right now, a painful, confusing one, it's all I've been thinking about for the past few months.

Thanks man, yeah sometimes it's good, that's when we can find the strength to stomach the past. For years I held a lot of stuff inside, but I find it's very difficult to move forward in new relationship if you dont come to terms with your past, in everyway possible. Basically admitting to ourselves that there was nothing we could really do to patch things up, sometimes everything happens for a reason. We just have to accept some things in life if we ever expect to find a new form of happiness.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this subject, it's nice to know that I'm not crazy after all. :D

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."