Digitech Multi effects pedals

IbanezRG770
IbanezRG770
03/24/2007 2:26 pm
I have been playing for about 18 month and only about the last 4 months seriously. Actually my wife says I have developed OCD when it comes to the guitar. Anyway I was wanting opinions on the Digitech GNX4 and the New RP350 series. I have the GNX4 and my reason for purchasing it ($399.00) is because of the amp models and the presets and the ability to record. So what I am wanting to know is there some advantage to having individual pedals instead of a unit like the Gnx4 or the RP350? I am having a hard time believing that you could top the quality and variety of sounds these units put out. But since I have not owned anything else I have no way of knowing if my GNX4 is sub par when compared to a stand alone pedal like an Ibanez tube screamer or any other stand alone unit.
Thanks
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/24/2007 4:22 pm
I really prefer single pedals.

The parameters are easier to adjust during a show or whatnot.
They do sound better if you buy the right ones. (Eg- The digitech phaser is no mxr phase 90).

If you like the multi effects, thats great. I'd just rather have a few pedals in front of me that i really know.

I also got sick of scrolling through banks in my little digitech rp-80 (I realize it's not quite what you've got).
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/24/2007 4:52 pm
I have the GNX3, and let me tell you, you can really create alot of unique sounds once you learn to mess with all of the effects. you can layer on a ton of effects at once, and the amp heads/cabs can color your sound in different ways.

however, even with that said, I barely ever use it. the distortion to me sounds too fuzzy. sometimes thats good if you want a good fuzz sound, but if you want a nice tight distortion, you may want an external EQ and compression. the mod effects are pretty good and believeable, and most are pretty cool sounding. the delay is okay. same with wah. its pretty believeable. not really thick and in your face if thats what you want- I dont think it sounds good that way anyways.

if you like analog effect sounds, this isnt for you. its very digital, but the pure mass of possibilities with it is awesome. I go either way on it, but am still planning on selling my GNX3. I just dont use alot of effects. reverb and delay, thats it.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 3
IbanezRG770
IbanezRG770
03/24/2007 9:03 pm
I have considered selling my GNX4 and getting a new RP350. My friend just got one with the new DNA Sound Chip and the presets sound a little better Plus I would put about $100.00 back in my pocket. Although there are some incredible presets available from MFX Supermodels and guitar one and guitar world websites.
I run my GNX4 through a Peavey Triple X tube amp and I love some of the sounds. But like I said I have always wondered how individual pedals would sound. My biggest problem was that I got a little crazy and had a little to much equipment to soon so I was a little bewildered for awhile and have still yet to tap into all the possibilities....I guess there could be worse problems to have.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.