View post (Drifting...)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
03/27/2007 8:53 am
:)

good for you, grizzly. ive been running the same questions through my head for a year or so. only recently had i become unsure of my desicion to be a music major. im only 18 and i still have alot to learn, but i see no regrets in studying music. lets put it this way. if i only studied music so i could have the personal knowledge and the degree on the wall, i would still do it.

your life doesnt end after 4 years of college or whatever. im sure youre realizing that now, and thats awesome. and again...i have confidence in myself, as a teacher, as a helper, as a communicator...that i can make some kind of living doing what i want to do. will it be easy? doubtful. but honestly, neither is alot of life. of course its easier to figure this stuff out when you dont have a car payment, rent, and a girlfriend, but you always have that ability to learn what you love.

the origional drummer of pearl jam taught my guitar class one time, and he inspired me almost instantly to study music. he laid it out for me. he told me about the fear of moving to random towns looking for work not knowing if you where going to be able to find it. not knowing where your paycheck was going to come from at first. its scary. but i dont know...i want to feel like i at least tried to live before i give up and find a desk job. :rolleyes:
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE