View post (Drifting...)

View thread

polansky
polansky
03/27/2007 7:37 am
Bro... seems you are having a lot of changes and tuff calls latelly huh? I remenber you stopped chewing some time ago... and now the allways present question of art vs. dayjob.

When I was a kid drummer I ejoyed every second of it... music did that... now I have a dayjob that takes most of my day... but at the end I guess we have certain level of responsabilities that makes you take one way or another.

My advice is... let me say that again... my point of view is search for balance, dayjob is just that.. sure bucks to live... music... it makes you feel complete, period. So... my perception of dayjob is that it is a "way" not and "end" for things... if you wanna make a living of music... go for it, but life is never black and white Bro... maybe you could get the best of both worlds.

As I said... the keyword on this is Balance... sometimes a dayjob (even maybe part time ones) can help you a lot to achive your artistic goals...a few extra bucks never hurted anyone... but if you manage to make aliving out of music... if you think you can make it...bro then go and get it an prove everyone who told you otherwise wrong.

Keep the faith and Rock on....
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.